Why You Suck At Tinder: Part II
If you’ve read our part I series of Why You Suck At Tinder: Part I your starting to get some more matches. Today I’m going to detail how to turn those matches your getting into phone numbers.
So I have spent a significant amount of time messaging guys from a female friend’s profile, reading through messages, and here is the #1 way to stop messing up. DON’T LEAD WITH “HI”, “HEY” or “WHATS UP”. 75% of messages girls get are one of these three things.
1) It comes across as boring
2) It generates a lack of interest on your part
3) Now she has to do the work of lifting the conversation
Make it easy. Be Funny. Be Interesting. The easiest way to do this is by making a funny comment about something in her picture or profile. Girl who has a selfie in her dirty bedroom? “Stephanie, I’m coming over to clean your apartment right now” Girl who has a picture at your favorite bar. “Love Davey Waynes, have you ever gotten their snow cone!?” Comment on something you see that you have in common. Ask about her dogs name, but try to do it with something funny. “Is your dog’s name Steve? He looks like a Steve” Bottom line is that ANYTHING is better than “hey”.
Ok, but she only has one lame selfie and nothing written on her profile. Now what? There are dozens of witty pick up lines that guys have thrown around the Tinder game for a while, here are a few of my favorites. The key here is to be as FUNNY as possible. Try different ones and see what works for you!
- “I’m sure you get this all the time, but you look like a mix between Fergie and Jesus”
- “Would you like a simple ‘Hello’ or a witty pickup line”
- “Truth or Dare”
- What are your thoughts on the socio-economic state of the West African state given the recent turn of political affairs?”
- “I’m trying to do a survey of Tinder for peoples favorite integers under ten billion. Given the option from (000) 000-0000 to (999) 999-9999, what would you say your favorite number is?”
- “Hey so let’s just skip to the important stuff. What’s your favorite Spice Girls song?”
- “Fuck one, marry one, kill one. Me, Hitler, and me again”
- “Hey, what have you been up to today? I just saved a baby duck from drowning.”
- “Single, white male looking for a getaway driver for various crimes. Must like kittens.”
- “What’s your spirit animal?”
So we’ve got our message across and were starting to get some responses. Keep the conversation simple, light and be as funny as possible! Don’t get drawn into chatting about life stories, how many brothers and sisters she has, and where she is from. The point of Tinder is to get the number, and that’s it! The longer you chat, the more likely you are to screw things up! A couple of other notes to add.
- Don’t message her right away. Wait a few hours at a minimum! You don’t want to come off as desperate.
- Tinder’s algorithms link people based on the amount of likes you get! If you don’t get a lot of matches, you are going to see girls that don’t get alot of swipes. If you are revamping your profile, delete and start again.
- CREATE A FACEBOOK PROFILE JUST FOR TINDER. Avoid the crazies with a fake name and workplace.
- If you are over 6 feet tall, list your height. “6’3, really likes steak”
That’s it for now on Tinder! Let us know your thoughts and favorite pick up lines in the comment section! Next post we’ll go into some of the other dating apps including Bumble and Coffee Meets Bagel. If you are brand new to Tinder and need a full crash course, Tinder Hacks 2.0! is far and away the best resource for a comprehensive guide on Tinder – so if you are serious about picking up girls on Tinder, check it out!